Saturday 13 June 2009

Mushroom stroganoff

I spent a lovely Saturday in Broadway market, which I'll write about more in the next few posts I'm sure. I picked up a little box of "exotic mushrooms" on the way round. Not quite exotic enough to send me tripping off to casualty, as happened to my uncle last year, but still quite unrecognisable to my untrained eye.

I decided to make a mushroom stroganoff, it's always the favourite meal at my parent's local, and I thought I might be able to try and recreate it. I roughly followed this recipe from the excellent BBC Good Food website. Although I used red wine instead of sherry and sour cream instead of crème fraîche. It turned out really nice, although I should have seasoned it much more - John and Gregg would not have been impressed.





No comments: